1. SCSI hassel: can't fdisk HP 1GB disk (no disk geometery)
I just sprang for a 1 GB Hewlett Packard disk (C2247) and I can't
get Linux to fdisk/format it. When I try to do anything with
fdisk, I get...
You must set heads sectors and cylinders.
You can do this from the extra functions menu.
Command (m for help):
Fdisk does see the drive and I can mount the DOS partition.
I'm clueless as to cyl/heads/sector settings (calls are in
to the vendor and mfgr). However, the FAQ is ambiguous as
to whether the provision of this information will actually
solve the problem.
Also, when the machine boots, Linux recognizes the Future
Domain controller (1680) but it says something like
"Selection Failed" in the bootup chatter. Also, there are
two other IDE HDs on this machine.
Help me please, even if all you know is the
candidate^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H, (got it!) Environmental
Planning, UC Berkeley. Phone: 510-848-1241
2. mail help please??
3. FS: Cyclades PC300/TE2 Dual T1 Card Turns PC Into Router!
4. *&& << 1GB >> Flash Memory Drive (&(*
5. How do you authorize clients for the linux x-server in xfree?
6. IDEA: expert system project to help Linux newbies and consultants
7. Physical != logical for Harddisk, complains fdisk NEVER MIND!
8. Physical != logical for Harddisk, complains fdisk
9. linux don't recognize HD>1Gb on Sparc IPX
10. Bad "physical/logical endings" from FDISK - HELP!
11. Logical/physical mismatch Linux fdisk