Thanks Steve Ackman

Post by DSL » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:16:13

Steve Ackman,

You answered my post on how to determine if a file has been download.  It
was a great suggestion.  I tried to reply to you personally, but the email
came back.  So here's a formal thank you post.

Much appreciated for your time and response.

David

Thanks Steve Ackman

Post by Steve Ackm » Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:42:14

>Steve Ackman,
> I tried to reply to you personally, but the email
>came back.

  You can remove the nospam in the given address, or
you can look at the message headers and pull my
"onboard" address from the message ID number.
I'm not hard to find.  ;-)

  Minor munging of e-addresses like that is quite
common on usenet to help keep down the onslaught
of spam.  Most spammers don't try to figure out the
real address.  They just send their garbage to the
address exactly as harvested.

  Any time you reply to a message on usenet, double
check the address you're sending to.  More often than
not, you'll have to "adjust" it.

Quote:> So here's a formal thank you post.

  You're quite welcome.

--
Steve Ackman
http://twovoyagers.com

1. Thank you Steve Sloan and John!!

        Hey, thanks alot guys, your advice helped me out a lot. I
thought that the disk would have been already partitioned and that it
would be okay to install, but I wanted to consult a professional (aka-
anyone else who has ever used Linux) before I went and messed around
with partitions without any idea what I was doing. Thanks again!!

2. Color depth problem

3. Help: Restrict user accounts from telnet and FTP : Thanks to Steve

4. swsusp list

5. thank you - thank you??

6. Workgroup

7. Thank you Joern Staudt(joesta), want u great help, thanks a lot .

8. cdrom mounting problem

9. Steve Gibson story on NPR

10. call steve jones back pls

11. Steve Gibson speak on Code Red?

12. Steve Ballmer RIPS Win98 development team....

13. Steve Ballmer