error in NAMED/BIND "Address already in use"

error in NAMED/BIND "Address already in use"

Post by Steve Hu » Sat, 24 Dec 1994 06:23:02

While starting up NAMED in Linux 1.08, after building the config files I
get a "inetd[45]: login/udp: bind: Address already in use"

what address? where can I find this address? Does someone know what this
message means so that I know where to go to correct it?

steve

1. Help with "bind: Address already in use" errors

Hi,

I use Redhat Linux 6.1 on a Dell i7500 laptop.
I have been trying to hook this machine up to a home LAN, and
have thus been editing some of the /etc files to get it to work.
Now I am getting lots of troubling error in /var/log/messages like

Feb 12 06:19:32 lanina inetd[2951]: auth/tcp: bind: Address already in use

The gist of the message is pretty clear, but I have no idea how
to track down which particular address is already in use, and how
to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Charlie
--

Earth System Science, University of California, Irvine CA 92697-3100

2. Server vs Multiple clients (socket programming)

3. bind error, "Address already in use"

4. socklist won't show httpd

5. Getting error: "cpd bind address already in use"

6. /u filesystem failure

7. "bind: Address already in use" error after 2.6 upgrade

8. Integrate with NT or not?

9. error: could not bind to "IP" port 80 (Address already in use)

10. TCP/IP, bind() error, "address is already in use?"

11. ftp problem: "bind: Address already in use"

12. Solution to "Address already in use" bind() problem?

13. Identd "bind: Address already in use" messages in /var/log/messages