XConsole

Post by Alex Feel » Sun, 02 Oct 1994 16:24:47

        Argh.. okay, it's been a while and I've tried everything I can
think of. XConsole simply will NOT DO ANYTHING.. it's driving me
crazy, I miss talk requests all the time because I don't hear the
beeps.

--
Alex Feely

We have to break through the bounds of thought and look for what we
want, then hold it dear. I want love, freedom, conversation and the
right to be educated and think what I want to think. How about you?
                        *---------------*

                     Finger for PGP public key

XConsole

Post by Rick Brons » Mon, 03 Oct 1994 00:42:22

>    Argh.. okay, it's been a while and I've tried everything I can
> think of. XConsole simply will NOT DO ANYTHING.. it's driving me
> crazy, I miss talk requests all the time because I don't hear the
> beeps.

> --
> Alex Feely

Alex,
  Taking some previous posts, I put this together.  It seems kludgy
but I think it works.

Add this to /etc/syslog.conf (use tab's not spaces):

*.*                                             /usr/adm/console

Add this to ~/.xinitrc:

xconsole -daemon -notify -verbose -tail -file /usr/adm/console

  Good luck

  Rick

1. Linux Xconsole!= Sun Xconsole

I can't get my console to work like a console on a sun workstation
All massages are going to tty but not to the console tool.
When i shutdown the X-server then i can see the messages (to late) :-(
What go's wrong

I'm using OpenLook

AT&T Network Systems NL      1270 AA   Huizen  NL

2. Benchmarks

3. Linux Xconsole!- Sun Xconsole

4. error compiling kdelibs-20000116.tar

5. xconsole question

6. to all unix guru's

7. Redhat 7.1 XConsole does not work

8. requirements for 105401-20 should include a "big disk"

9. xconsole problems

10. xconsole

11. XConsole Problem

12. Xconsole Problem!!!!!