Kernel config.in and ibcs SCO emulator

Post by D Parso » Wed, 18 May 1994 22:45:45

I want to run the SCO unix WordPerfect but I have a problem in getting the
ibcs emulator installed . I have Slackware 1.2.0 and the config.in suplied
for the 'make config' of the kernel does not include the important
question "Do you wish to have iBCS emulation."  The 1.0 kernel package
from sunsite also has it missing from the config.in. The idea is that if
one answers "yes" the ibcs-940429.tar.gz patches will be incorparated
into the kernel to make it both Linux and SCO compatible. If one answers
"no" then a module is constructed in the ../linux/ibcs/ directory for
of the omission from config.in. Has anyone worked around this? Don

--
Donald F. Parsons MD, Wadsworth Ctr. Rm C273, NY State Dept of Health, ESP,
PO Box 509, Albany, NY 12201-0509. (518)474-7047 Fax: (518)474-7992

1. Anybody tryed SCO Wabi on Linux with iBCS emulator

I don't know about Wabi but you might want to check
http://www.willows.com for TWIN, a cross platform development
kit that is also a windows emulator.

You will get access to both sources and linux (and other) binaries
for just registering, You will have to pay (a one-time fee) only if
you are going to deploy or sell something commercially.

BTW, it seems that even SCO, Sun and IBM might switch from
Wabi to Twin.

-------------------------------------

2. OBSD does not boot any more

3. Wanted: a copy of the ibcs patched 1.0 kernel and ibcs module

4. inode help needed

5. ibcs emulator problems on 1.3.9

6. Loose mouse after video switch

7. Where to find ibcs emulator??

8. books on tape

9. iBCS emulator problem...

10. HELP iBCS - Emulator ???????????????????????????

11. ibcs emulator problems on ver.1.3.9

12. iBCS EMULATOR???