ATI UGP Busmouse - Device problems

Post by Eric Kimmin » Sat, 22 Jan 1994 12:40:11

Greetings!

Ive tried every combination I can think of to get my mouse
operationale . I have an ATI UGP with 2MB VRAM set to IRQ5 primary for
the mouse port. Ive trie Microsoft /dev/mouse, Busmoust e

Busmouse /dev/bmouselogitec, mouse, bmousems, et al:

If X starts the only mouse movement I get is that it jumps quickly to
the bottom right corner and the only activity I can then achieve is the
right mouse button brings up the control panel.

I have not upgraded to XFree 2.0, yet, although I have the disks. I
wanted to at least get something working so I could multitask.

If anyone out there HAS gotten theo   their mouse to work, please fill
me in.

I apologize for the garbage characters. Im on a 2400 baud dialin and tin
is slow enough without having to exit to stty erase without having to
rebuidl all the indexes.

Thanks for your help in advance! I need it! BADLY! hehhehe

--
Eric Kimminau                       Workstation Systems Department
313-322-3431                        Product & Manufacturing Systems

Planning and Implementation         "Not an official Ford Spokesperson"

1. BUSMICE - can't find ATI busmouse

I'm having trouble getting the selection and XFree86 programs to recognize
my bus mouse.  I have read the relevant documents, including Matt Welsh's
"Linux Installation and Getting Started", the various man pages, and the
Busmouse HOWTO, but I still don't know how to solve this.  Here are the
details of my system:

        Linux kernel 1.2.3
        ATI VGAWonder+ video card with 8514/Ultra accelerator and mouse bus
        Logitech 2-button bus mouse, model number M-PG14-
        NEC MultiSync 4D monitor

The VSETUP program that comes with the video card reports that the mouse bus
is set for IRQ 5 and Primary address.  I am quite certain that nothing else is
using IRQ 5.  The "Device" field in the pointing-device section my XF86Config
is set to "/dev/mouse".  I have tried several different entries for the
Protocol field, I have tried symlinking /dev/mouse to /dev/inportbm and
/dev/atibm, and I have tried the 8514, Mach8 and SVGA servers.  All of them
report various (**) and (--) status lines and then fail with the following two
lines:

        Cannot open mouse (No such device)

        xinit No such file or directory (errno 2):  unexpected signal 13

Hoping to find success with a simpler program, I tried running "selection"
with various bus-mouse options.  All of them failed with a "no such device"
message.

I'm stymied.  I *think* I'm following all of the instructions correctly, but
still these programs refuse to see my mouse.  Does anyone have any idea what I
might be doing wrong?

Regards,
Stephen S. Kerr
University of California, San Diego

2. Where can I get the network station manager V2R1 on AIX 4.3.3?

3. X with ATI UGP and Viewsonic 7

4. Hiding pointer when writing

5. ATI Rage Pro UGP Graphics

6. su to root and xdm

7. Problems with ATI-GUP-busmouse...

8. libbsd.a for Solaris

9. ATI Busmouse Problems

10. Problems configuring ATI-Busmouse & SK-G16 Ethernet NIC

11. ATI XL BUSMOUSE - Problems with setup/X11

12. ATI XL BUSMOUSE - Problems with X11R6

13. ATI XL Busmouse Problems