BRU - Multiple Specific Directories Backup In 1 Archive

BRU - Multiple Specific Directories Backup In 1 Archive

Post by Paul Reed » Tue, 14 May 2002 04:18:07

I am running bru in on a Linux 7.2 machine and I have run out of space
on my 4mm tape drive and need to split the full backup into 2 backups.
 This computer is a file server running in text mode only.

I have successfully created scripts to complete a full backup of the
/home dir. and have cron run it automatically.

What I need help with is how do I create another complete
(non-incremental)backup of all remaining dir. in one archive that
would run at a different time or day?  This backup would fit on one
tape.  All backups run unattended at night and there is only one tape
drive in the machine.

Thank you.

1. BRU - Multiple Directory Backup In 1 Archive

I have run out of space on my 4mm tape drive and need to split the
full backup into 2 backups.  I have successfully created scripts to
complete a full backup of the /home dir. and have cron run it
automatically.

What I need help with is how do I create a full backup of all remaining
dir. in one archive?

Thank you.

2. Caldera Open Linux Base: CND - Accelerated X?

3. Multiple backup archives on one tape

4. How many pty's

5. Specific files in a specific directory?

6. TCP guru: SMC Tulip 0.5 under 1.2.8 vs Apple net printer (dump encl)

7. How to designate full backup to specific tape using Solstice Backup?

8. telecommuting

9. Solstice Backup 4.2.6: Archiving vs. backup.

10. DDS tape backup multiple directories problem

11. BRU - backup and restore utility

12. Adaptec 2930CU, RH6.2 and BRU backup questions

13. StorageTek tape carousel (aka Imation itl2225) and BRU 2000 backup?