Netscape dies after pasting

Post by Axel Bol » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 19:03:18

Hi all,

I'm running termified netscape 1.0N under Linux/X11R5. Works great,
except that I can't paste anything into a textwidget: it dies
immediately with "Segmentation Fault".

I have a directory /usr/X11/lib/nls and XNLSPATH=/usr/X11/lib/nls does
not help either.

The termified Tuebingen Mosaic from sunsite had the same problem (only
that it died with "IOT trap"), so I suspect it is a Motif problem.

Anyone can help me with that one? Thanks,
--

Post by Robert Wesley Bingl » Thu, 29 Dec 1994 22:50:39

>Hi all,

>I'm running termified netscape 1.0N under Linux/X11R5. Works great,
>except that I can't paste anything into a textwidget: it dies
>immediately with "Segmentation Fault".

>I have a directory /usr/X11/lib/nls and XNLSPATH=/usr/X11/lib/nls does
>not help either.

>The termified Tuebingen Mosaic from sunsite had the same problem (only
>that it died with "IOT trap"), so I suspect it is a Motif problem.

>Anyone can help me with that one? Thanks,
>--

I'm having the very same troubles with the non-Termified version of
Netscape 1.0.  Does any one have any ideas?  BTW, I'm using XF86 3.1 on
Linux 1.1.59.

Thanks,
Rob

"Look to the sky just before you die, it's the last time you will!" -Metallica

Post by Roy Bixl » Fri, 30 Dec 1994 01:55:49

>Hi all,
>I'm running termified netscape 1.0N under Linux/X11R5. Works great,
>except that I can't paste anything into a textwidget: it dies
>immediately with "Segmentation Fault".

I see the same problem under X11R6 without using Term.

Roy

Netscape dies after pasting

Post by Ahmad Bahbaha » Mon, 02 Jan 1995 12:14:16

Quote:

>Hi all,

:>I'm running termified netscape 1.0N under Linux/X11R5. Works great,
:>except that I can't paste anything into a textwidget: it dies
:>immediately with "Segmentation Fault".
:>
:>I have a directory /usr/X11/lib/nls and XNLSPATH=/usr/X11/lib/nls does
:>not help either.
:>
:>The termified Tuebingen Mosaic from sunsite had the same problem (only
:>that it died with "IOT trap"), so I suspect it is a Motif problem.
:>
:>Anyone can help me with that one? Thanks,
:>--

http://plato.uni-paderborn.de/~axel/

   I used Netscape with no problems regarding paste. The only thing I
remeber doing was installing nls in /usr/X386/libs/nls and then linking
/usr/X386 to /usr/X11 .. that solved the problem... I am not 100% of the
last statement , but it should be close enough to what I did .. can't
check cause I deleted Linux some time ago.

1. Netscape dies when I paste

A while ago I got Netscape 1.0 going in Linux+term, and I had the
same problem, and that is that when I try to do any cutting and pasting
in Netscape, it dies, and there's something I'm supposed to be able to put
in my App-defaults directory (or something like that).  Anyway, if someone
could point me in the right way to getting this fixed, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Humpherys

http://bert.cs.byu.edu/~humphery/humphery.html

2. IBM EtherJet ISA NIC

3. Freeware (was Re: Die Netscape Die)

4. ppp and 2.2.1

5. CPU heat (was Re: Die Netscape Die)

6. Dual CPUs

7. Die Netscape Die

8. Einwahl mit Linux bei PLANET-INTERKOM?

9. Trust (was Re: Die Netscape Die)

10. Test Driving Linux (Re: Die Netscape Die)

11. PC-NFS, printing, bannerpage. die.die.die

12. Zombie die die die

13. /ethan die,die,die