Intel CL54342 & Xf2.0? Pentium

Post by Thomas J Bil » Fri, 17 Jun 1994 08:06:14

Just wondered if there were any success stories when using X with the
Pentium P60 and the CL54342 video "board"/"chip" etc.

I guess it's a Cirrus Logic 5434 chip (if that helps).

2MB
64-bit BLT

On the same note... has anyone been working on developing a SCSI driver for
the on-board scsi controller?

Thanks in advance (a ton in advance)
Tom Bilan

1. xfig and XF2.1 (bug in XF2.1)

My system:

486 DX2/50
8 Meg
VESA 5248 Cirrus Logic gfx.
{Linux 1.0 or 99.pl14} with XF2.1

My Problem:

2.1 is great except that when I run XFig, the top of the screen becomes
corrupted by, apparently, xfig writing data all over it !
Since I am not running as root, I assume that it is a bug in 2.1 rather than
xfig, as xfig shouldn't be able to get past the MMU.

I haven't seen anything like that since I had an Amiga :-)
I'm running 2.0 now and everything is fine (if a touch slower).
___

C++ consultant and emacs support. Mail me if you have any problems.

2. Running another windows manager!!!

3. Intel S845WD & Pentium 4 with Solaris 8.0

4. I/O Multicard up to 921k

5. Pentium Pro 200 motherboard with Intel 82440 FX PCI Chipset & Linux

6. How do I mount/write to vfat partitions as a normal user?

7. SVNet Meeting - May 12: The Intel Pentium (TM) processor & architecture

8. Need help on date parsing

9. XF2.3 and tcl 7.3 & tk 3.6

10. Pentium & PCI & SCSI & Linux

11. A kernel patch to access Pentium & Pentium Pro special regs

12. Linux on Pentium MMX & Pentium II ?