DOS/MS Windows emulators

Post by JC G » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 16:42:25

I need the information about emulators for DOS and MS Windows.  I would
certainly appreciate it if somebody can point out where I can find them.
From Matt Welsh's book I got to know that there is a DOS emulator but a
emulator for MS Windows is still underway.  The book was published in June
94,  any progress since then?

DOS/MS Windows emulators

Post by B.A.McCau.. » Wed, 08 Feb 1995 20:21:02

>I need the information about emulators for DOS and MS Windows.

So get it. Usual FTP sites. DOSEMU and Wine FAQs/HOWTOs.

.  l___\\    /~~) /~~[  /   [ | PGP-fp: D7 03 2A 4B D8 3A 05 37
 # ll  l\\  ~~~~ ~   ~ ~    ~ |         A1 93 FE EA BE E3 2A 91

1. Opening DOS (MS WINDOWS) Window on UNIX X-station through network

I am developing a training system whereby Computer-Based-Training
Modules developed in Authorware in the Windows 3.1 environment are displayed
in a  Windows 3.1 window on X-terminals.  The X-terminals involved are RSS600s,
NCRs, VAX, and Suns.  The X-terminals are distributed through three
separate buildings within a 3 mile wide circle.

Currently we are looking at a product called OMNIWARE by LOGICRAFT to
solve this need.  Their machines are DOS based PC servers that will
display a Windows 3.1  window on a UNIX X terminal.  However, there is only one
customer per server at a time, and the machines are relatively
expensive.

Does anyone know of vendors who provide a system to show a Windows 3.1
window capable of WINDOWS 3.1 on X terminals in a multi-user,
multi-tasking environment?  Also, if there is a newsgroup where this
message would get some results, please forward that information also.

Thanks
Paul Stoll
--
 Intel, Corp.
 5000 W. Chandler Blvd.

2. RedHat 4.2 and WD 7000 SCSI controler??

3. Anybody got an X emulator for MS Windows 3.1?

4. Will dynamic routing solve my problem

5. Status of MS Windows emulators on Solaris (Sparc) ?

6. ufsdump question

7. ms-windows emulator?

8. we're having a lot of problems with mutual file corrupting on the disk

9. MS-Windows emulators

10. Wyse 60 emulator for MS Windows->Unix telnet

11. X windows vs MS-windows 3.1 (MS wins)

12. DOS - Windows Emulators

13. Dos/Windows Emulator under Solaris