Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV) under Slackware 2.0.1

Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV) under Slackware 2.0.1

Post by Toshiro K. Ohsu » Thu, 20 Oct 1994 09:04:32

Greetings,

    I tried to run Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV version) under a recently
installed version of Slackware (2.0.1).  Upon execution of the binaries (ftp'd
off sunsite.unc.edu), it dies with the message

Connect: No such file or directory

I'm afraid I do not know what file or directory the program is talked about.
(Could it be that I need to make a [soft] link with a pre-existing library
in some other directory?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Many thanks,

       - Toshiro K. Ohsumi

Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV) under Slackware 2.0.1

Post by Patrick Reijn » Mon, 24 Oct 1994 22:18:22

Quote:>Greetings,
>    I tried to run Mosaic 2.4.2 + term (TueV version) under a recently
>installed version of Slackware (2.0.1).  Upon execution of the binaries (ftp'd
>off sunsite.unc.edu), it dies with the message
>Connect: No such file or directory

Most probably it is looking for the Term socket. Normaly spoken the default
directory when installed as root is /usr/local/lib/term/tmp/private. but, I
heard there are made some directory changes and there are also some mistakes
in the makefiles of term as to what directories are created and what are really
needed.

So check your makefile for the directories created and find out what
directories are really needed.

Quote:>I'm afraid I do not know what file or directory the program is talked about.
>(Could it be that I need to make a [soft] link with a pre-existing library
>in some other directory?)
>Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Many thanks,
>       - Toshiro K. Ohsumi

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://{atlas,zeus}.cs.kun.nl:4080/homepage.html        *

1. Mosaic 2.4.2 (TueV) + term on Slackware 2.0.1

Greetings,

    On my system, Mosaic dies with the meesage

Connect: No such file or directory

    This problem persists even after I made sure I had term installed on my
system and that $HOME/.term what chmod'ed with +rwx.  My system is a recently
installed Slackware 2.0.1.  I did not delete any files (though I added a few
programs).  Also, it should be noted I'm connected via SLIP.  Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated!  Many thanks,

        - Toshiro K. Ohsumi

2. monitor. resolution

3. Mosaic 2.4.2 TueV+term doesn't like term 2.0.4

4. HP K220 Problem

5. Another Mosaic port (TueV/R6/term/HDF)

6. Psuedo tty - simple query

7. Mosaic TueV 2.4.3

8. RH9 right monitor dies in xinerama

9. Problems compiling TueV Mosaic

10. SOCKS patches for term 1.11 (enables Mosaic+term from behind firewall)

11. Can't connect to ftp URLs using Mosaic+term with SOCKSified term

12. term-aware Mosaic-2.1?

13. Solved: Netscape/Mosaic Problem with Term :)