Boot Manager diddler to change 'default' boot ?

Boot Manager diddler to change 'default' boot ?

Post by Kurt Klingbe » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 03:31:26

Let's say you can remotely access your box under either OS/2 or Linux.
Let's say you want to remotely switch between the two OS's. How ?

Has anyone bothered to write a Boot Manager diddler that
will navigate into BM's partition and change the default boot
field ?

I've done some preliminary poking around under DOS (when I was
first irritated that IBM provided an OS/2-only executable
(rather than family mode) to allow one to change BM's config)
but haven't yet got around to doing a bullet-proofed multi-platform
util.  If anyone's done it, I need not bother.  If anyone's interested,
let me know.

kk

1. Change default window manager to 'olvm'

  Is it possible to change 'fvwm' window manager which is default one
when I execute 'startx' in command line to 'olwm' (OpenLook window
manager)?
  I already tried to execute 'olvm' in command line but it doesn't
work. What's wrong? Please Help! Thanks!

Regards,
MC Wai

2. zombies

3. can't boot 'boot.flp' version 2.2.5

4. HyperSparc cpu upgrade

5. FreeBSD 4.2 won't boot - 'read error' on boot after install

6. device descripter

7. Can Linux be booted under OS2's boot Manager?

8. Trouble running XFree (libX11.so.6 not found)

9. Linux won't boot from Boot Manager

10. Booting Linux with Win2K's boot Manager?

11. Booting Solaris x86 via OS/2's Boot Manager

12. Useing floppy only yo boot & PQ's Boot Manager

13. Can't change default font on my boot disk