Promise DC-4030VL controller cacheing?

Post by Nick Holla » Sat, 16 Apr 1994 22:58:14

HI

Has anyone out there managed to get the above card to work properly under
linux?
Of course the card works okay, but what about the caching drivers? the
manufacturers provide some UN*X driversr for it, but I can't get them to
work, anyone else had any luck?

CHeers

Post by Steven Yampols » Sat, 16 Apr 1994 23:16:58

: HI

: Has anyone out there managed to get the above card to work properly under
: linux?
: Of course the card works okay, but what about the caching drivers? the
: manufacturers provide some UN*X driversr for it, but I can't get them to
: work, anyone else had any luck?

Same here. Although, I wonder how you managed to read that floppy.

Steven Y.

1. Promise DC-4030VL/2 cache controller + AWE32 soundcard

Only the first two drives will be found by Linux,
due to the very non-standard hardware on that card,
coupled with the complete lack of interest from Promise
in having it work under Linux.

But.. folks are reverse-engineering it, and support may come
someday Real Soon Now, in the 1.3.xx kernel stream.

For the cdrom on this card, you will require the 1.3.xx kernel stream.
See the README.ide file that is included with the kernel source for 1.3.xx.
--

For Linux IDE (big/many) help, see:  /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/README.ide
For latest Linux kernels: ftp.cs.helsinki.fi:/pub/Software/Linux/Kernel/v1.[23]

2. pppd

3. Promise DC-4030Vl IDE Caching Controller

4. Memory mapped device and Linux mmap

5. Promise DC-4030VL/Spea V7 Mirage Problems

6. empty directories with tar

7. Promise 4030vl-2 Cache card.

8. Why my child has id == 1?

9. Does Linux work with Promise 4030VL IDE controllers?

10. Promise 4030VL Controller

11. DC-2040 PROMISE SCSI controller

12. Promise DC-440 SCSI controller

13. Q: support for Promise DC-200 hard drive controller