Need Help on Xdm-Shadow

Post by K. D. Nguy » Wed, 30 Mar 1994 06:12:30

I just install the Xfree86.2-1 and kernel 0.99pl15. Everything seems fine
except that when I tried xdm. I got the Xdm login box, but when I tried to
login then xdm keeps telling me that "Login Incorrect". I looked in the
xdm error file file /usr/X396/lib/X11/xdm/, it told me that verification for
password failed. What's wrong?

P.S:  I don't know what's happening to our news server. I cannot read new
or subscribe to comp.os.linux any longer. Does anyboby know what's happening
to newsgroup comp.os.linux (comp.os.linux.admin).

Need Help on Xdm-Shadow

Post by Whit stl » Mon, 04 Apr 1994 10:34:52

        It could be that your password is longer than 7
characters.  If so, xdm needs to be recompiled with a special
patch and the SLS shadow library.  I'll make the binary and source
available for a week or two via anonymous ftp to

        dewdrop.water.ca.gov

in the directory /pub/Linux

Good luck!

        -Sam

1. xdm-shadow listens to some port

Hi,

It seems that xdm-shadow listens to some random port and the same applies for all processes started under xdm-shadow. Does anybody know whether this is a security problem? Is there any way to avoid it?

Currently, no other host can access the display or get a login window (/etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess).

Many thanks in advance.

Demetris.

2. Q: Linux BitSurfr Pro internal support

3. xdm-shadow anyone ?

4. Browser Restrictions

5. xdm-shadow & password length

6. Diamond Stealth SE problems

7. XFree 3.1.2.F xdm-shadow won't run

8. CPU usage of DCE-processes

9. 1.1.54/XFree86(tm)-3.1 strange gid-behaviour with xdm-shadow

10. Can't build xdm-shadow

11. xdm-shadow under 0.99p10

12. XDM Question (memory needed for XDM?)

13. need help removing shadow support