Can't access cdrom with 1.1.57

Post by Pawel Potoc » Thu, 27 Oct 1994 14:35:17

HI,

There is something strange happening when I mount my
CDROM (Mitsumi), I can't see anything on the disk..
When I do "ls" (or anything symilar) I get:

ls: .: No such file or directory

OK, I see the disk spinning so I know is mounted, also
I did not have any problems before (up to 1.1.56),
either this problem is related to 1.1.57 or to other
patch I aplied: ide-1.1.patch.57+.gz.

Anyone else has this problem?

Thanks,

-PP

Can't access cdrom with 1.1.57

Post by devilbun » Thu, 27 Oct 1994 21:36:38

>HI,

>There is something strange happening when I mount my
>CDROM (Mitsumi), I can't see anything on the disk..
>When I do "ls" (or anything symilar) I get:

>ls: .: No such file or directory

>OK, I see the disk spinning so I know is mounted, also
>I did not have any problems before (up to 1.1.56),
>either this problem is related to 1.1.57 or to other
>patch I aplied: ide-1.1.patch.57+.gz.

>Anyone else has this problem?

>Thanks,

>-PP

Someone else posted the solution yesterday, I believe: In fs/isofs/namei.c
there is a line about 15 lines in or so that has an '=' in a an IF
statement. change the '=' to '==' and recompile and it should work fine.

|=======================================================================|

|=======================================================================|
|        My World Wide Web homepage:  http://www.grfn.org/~dust/        |
|=======================================================================|

1. CD-ROM gone funny with 1.1.57

My Panasonic CD drive is only partially recognised now that I've patched in
1.1.57 of the kernel.  If I type   dir /cdrom   everything is normal, and
the full directory is listed.  However, if I now    cd /cdrom   first, dir
produces   ls: .: No such file or directory

I recompiled without making any changes just to make sure it wasn't my
fault.  I'm now going back through the patches to see where the error was
introduced.  More details when I have them.
--

2. Solaris network analyzer

3. Kernel change summary 1.1.57 -> 1.1.58

4. X Font sever and XFree 86 ver 4.01

5. Kernel change summary 1.1.56 -> 1.1.57

6. NTFS

7. Kernel 1.1.57 floppy bug

8. Raid 1 question w/ 2 ide drive.

9. Serial problems, 1.1.57 and 1.1.70

10. ELF bootdisk > 1.1.57 Please

11. Help: Can't access my CDROM, but can access my second CDR

12. Subnet IDs with all 1s' or 0s'

13. It's not bad canned meat...