X Freezes

Post by JFreed44 » Mon, 14 Nov 1994 00:25:19

I am currently running Slackware 2.O professional on a Compact 486 Dx2-50
I ran the Xconfig program and everything seemed dandy. After completeing
and
entering "startx" I get the screen with an X in the middle. Help

X Freezes

Post by lm » Mon, 14 Nov 1994 03:30:30

>I am currently running Slackware 2.O professional on a Compact 486 Dx2-50
>I ran the Xconfig program and everything seemed dandy. After completeing
>and
>entering "startx" I get the screen with an X in the middle. Help

I experiences the same problem a month ago. The reason for my freeze
was I did not set the mouse config. correctly.

Please check your mouse type, IRQ address etc.

--
Liming Ren                       |
Dept. of Mathematics             |  231 West 18th Avenue

1. Freeze freeze freeze..

I have two problems that really suck.
The first is:
I can run dip and get my slip connection working, but when someone tries
to telnet into my machine, it either gives them...

Trying 128.193.5.41...
Connected to 128.193.5.41.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

or it gives them the login, and you can proceed to login.
The first time it dosn't give them the log in or anything, just
connection closes on them.
Sometimes when I start linux people can't log in at all, and other times
it works fine. Other times it dosn't work at first then you might try
back again and it will work. It dosn't matter if you use the ip# or the
name address.

My second problem is:

Stupid think FREEZES!
Everytime I start up linux and get on my slip, it will freeze after about
5 minutes. There are no messages and no warnings, it just freezes and I
can't do anything.

Please reply if you have any ideas what the hell is wrong!

Thanks in advance.

2. 3 ?'s about Linux

3. can't read proc/PID/environ or other - top and vmstat freeze - soft reboot freeze

4. Trends in security

5. kfm freezes and stays frozen if DOShda is accessed

6. svgalib; support for newer ATI chips?

7. Hard freezes with SCSI card, no freezes without?

8. Linux Geek Wanted!!

9. System freeze

10. Kernel 2.4.7 freezes during init (debian-potato)

11. Zip Plus Freezes Computer with Kernel 2.0.36

12. dhcp freeze

13. Often freeze ups after motherboard swap