NEC CDR501 4x (Quad)

Post by Aarif Rash » Wed, 18 Jan 1995 16:14:07

Hi all,

Has anyone had any problems installing YGGDRASIL/Fall 1994 Rev C using an
NEC 4x (CDR501).  Specifically, a "BUS TIMEOUT" error.

Thanks.

Aarif

1. nec 260 4x cdrom-1.3.4x kernels

I've just installed kernel 1.3.45 and 1.3.49 and my nec 260 4x cdrom
does not seem to be detected under either.  I was previously running
kernel 1.3.30 and everything worked fine.  (Yes I configured the make to
include support for ide/atapi cdroms).  I know these are developement
kernels but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.  The memory management in
the 1.3.4x kernels seems much better than in the older versions.  This
is a pretty standard cdrom drive so I'm pretty sure it should be supported.
When I boot I get unknown cdrom format.....
The cdrom is not listed under /proc/devices
when i attempt to mount I get /dev/hdc or cdrom is not a valid
block device.

If you need any more info e-mail me or post, I'm a frequent reader.

Everything else works fine.
Oh, yeah I'm using the elf (slackware 3.0) distribution.

Thanks for your time,
Chuck Fleming

2. 1000 ips on one Box for Virtual Web Hosting

3. NEC 4xi Quad Scsi

4. Netscape 3 and java

5. Using NEC-271 Quad-speed CD hangs system...

6. PPPoE on Linux v2.4.0-test9

7. NEC Quad Changer CDROM?

8. Do I need Ghostscript?

9. HELP: Linux versus NEC CDR-272 quad-speed ATAPI CD drive

10. Problems with a NEC CDR-271 quad speed cdrom.

11. Linux not seeing NEC Quad speed CDROM & SB Card

12. NEC IDE/ATAPI Quad-speed CDROM Drive

13. nec CD-ROM 271 4x unsupported?