Backspace not deleting...

Post by Derek Ka » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 02:23:44

     I have set up getty to receive incoming calls, but users seem to be
having problems with the backspace key.  Instead of backspacing and deleting,
they are getting a control symbol!!  (even when they are in VT-100 mode)  Is
there any way to enable backspace to do it's proper function?  Any help is
appreciated...

               Derek Kaye

                    or

Backspace not deleting...

Post by Mark Lo » Tue, 15 Nov 1994 13:20:41

<
<     I have set up getty to receive incoming calls, but users seem to be
<having problems with the backspace key.  Instead of backspacing and deleting,
<they are getting a control symbol!!  (even when they are in VT-100 mode)  Is
<there any way to enable backspace to do it's proper function?  Any help is
<appreciated...

Run this from /etc/rc.d/rc.local:

keycode  14 = BackSpace        Delete
        control keycode  14 = Delete
        alt     keycode  14 = Meta_Delete
keycode 111 = Delete           Remove           Remove
        control keycode 111 = Remove
        shift   control keycode 111 = Remove
        alt     keycode 111 = Remove
        control alt     keycode 111 = Boot

--

1. how to set backspace as backspace, not delete?

Hi,

I'm a relatively new user of linux, so please forgive me if this is a
stupid question.

I've noticed in certain X applications, like netscape and xwpe, that my
backspace key works only as a delete key in dialog boxes, etc.

This is a real pain -- how do I map the backspace key to do backspacing?

Thanks,

Cesar Farell

2. install on tiny harddrives...

3. backspace does delete not backspace

4. Pop-perl and socket errors

5. backspace and delete keys do not function under RH7

6. Problem with authentication on my PPP server.

7. vi/vedit: backspace and delete not behaving from X-server PC when in

8. CONFIG_GENERIC_ISA_DMA

9. Delete/BackSpace not working in openwin?

10. Delete and Backspace not functioning

11. can not use backspace and delete key

12. Backspace gets assigned Delete keysym - why?

13. delete is backspace!