Problem with PAS 16 & Chinon CDS-535 CD-ROM Drive

Problem with PAS 16 & Chinon CDS-535 CD-ROM Drive

Post by Chris Ada » Fri, 06 May 1994 04:51:28

I cannont boot Linux with the SCSI driver for the ProAudio Spectrum 16
enabled.  It hangs up right after detecting the Chinon CDS-535 CD-ROM drive
attached to the PAS 16.  It says something about "reseting for retries".
First of all, what is going wrong?  Second, given a kernel compiled (because
right now I don't have the memory/time to recompile) with the driver in it, is
there a way I can just disable the driver with an option through LILO?  I
don't need the CD drive enabled right now, I don't have anything real
important on CDs (yet!).

Please email any replies if possible (maybe post too if you want), because I
can't keep up with the volume of this newsgroup.  Thanks!

Chris Adams