C-news, Slackware

Post by Anders Br » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 00:10:07

I got cnews from the slackware-distribution (2.1.0). When I run relaynews,
it complains about a file setnewsids, which it wants to execute. However,
there was no such file in my distribution, and I wonder what to do. Is it a
shell-script, which I can write myself, or is it a binary? Anyone who has
managed to cnews in slackware 2.1.0?

/Bruno

C-news, Slackware

Post by Peter Wal » Wed, 01 Mar 1995 04:03:23

> I got cnews from the slackware-distribution (2.1.0). When I run relaynews,
> it complains about a file setnewsids, which it wants to execute. However,
> there was no such file in my distribution, and I wonder what to do. Is it a
> shell-script, which I can write myself, or is it a binary? Anyone who has
> managed to cnews in slackware 2.1.0?

> /Bruno

You have to run relaynews as 'news'

Peter Walsh        "Too much information, running through my brain"

1. uux error from c-news slackware distrib

I am getting the following error from relaynews when I post articles and my
machine tries to send them back to my news provider via uucp, I am using
slackware 2.3? bash 1.14x?
has anyone experienced this problem, is there a new linux - c-news to fix this
or a new bash to fix this?  or am I potentially doing something wrong??

sh: syntax error near unexpected token `(u'
sh: -c: line 1: `PATH=/var/lib/news/bin:/usr/lib/newsbin/relay:/bin:/usr/bin
:/usr/sbin:/sbin; <test/10 (uux - -r -z marlin!rnews)'

:/usr/sbin:/sbin; <test/10 (uux - -r -z marlin!rnews)'
returned exit status 01000

please help.

2. suexec:disabled; invalid wrapper error

3. C-News in Slackware 2.2.0?

4. make dep problem in 2.5.24

5. Linux as a news server with C-news

6. HELP: Adding a new locale

7. C-News & NNTP Question

8. Regarding TLI programming ...

9. C-News (cleanup rel.) fails regression test for upact

10. Linux C-news relaynews setuid problem

11. Problems compiling C-News with GCC 2.5.7/libc-4.5.8

12. *- C-News Unbatching Problem -*

13. Compiling c-news under Solaris 2.3 on SPARC 20