How could I use ISO images under linux or freeBSD ?

How could I use ISO images under linux or freeBSD ?

Post by ctrl » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 14:35:52

or is that possible to mount ISO images into /dev/cdrom ? if yes ,
which way to do ?

Thanks in advance

How could I use ISO images under linux or freeBSD ?

Post by Shawn Mi » Sat, 05 Apr 2003 20:40:48

Run this command:

man 8 mount

This will tell you everything you need to know. I hope you actually
read this file, and not just type in my example and forget about
learning something.

mount shrike-i386-disc1.iso /mnt/cdrom0 -t iso9660 -o loop=/dev/loop0

This is a command I took almost directly from the 'man 8 mount' page I
directed you to.  The only thing I changed were the name of the ISO
image and the '/mnt/cdrom'.  I checked it out and it works.

Now, I don't mind helping people out, but most people on here will not
bother to answer a question when it is obvious that you didn't do any
searching on Google or man pages on your own.  I don't entirely
disagree with them, but I don't just leave a post saying "man mount"
and nothing else -- I think that's elitist and rude.

So, in the future, please make use of Google and man pages before you
ask a question, and when you ask the question, also list the things
you've tried and the problems you've had.  Then you will find many
people willing to help you.

Shawn

1. Can I install Linux only using iso image?

Hello there,

Many distribution suppy iso image on their ftp server.
I'm not have a CD Writer. Well, is there a way to install some distribution
using iso image?

I just tried mounting the iso image. It worked fine.

Thanks,

2. Unstuck stake

3. FreeBSD 5.0, 4.8 iso images

4. <Help> Internet access through dialin account

5. Mounting ISO images: how many md devices can FreeBSD afford ?

6. nfsd threads

7. ISO image of FreeBSD 3.3 Boot CD

8. Unresolved Symbols

9. FreeBSD 3.2 ISO image

10. ISO Images for FreeBSD

11. FreeBSD 3.2 ISO images

12. Need ISO cd-rom images of: FreeBSD 3.2, OpenBSD 2.5, and NetBSD 1.4...