Mounting floppy drive for different types of filesystems

1. Mounting floppies with different filesystems on same device

I am running Redhat 4.something and have set up /etc/fstab to let users
mount vfat
floppies in the single floppy disk drive /dev/fd0. I would like to allow
ext2 floppies to be
mounted as well, and attempted to add a line to /etc/fstab with device
/dev/fd0 and mount
point /mnt/linuxflop (as opposed to /mnt/floppy for vfats in order to
let users execute the
command "mount /mnt/linuxflop"). However the /etc/fstab editor will not
let me do this. I
could edit /etc/fstab manually, but don't want to do this as there may
be some good
reason why it's not allowing me to do this (what if a user typed "mount
/dev/fd0"? But it
could just use the first line it came to or something). Any advice?

Jeremy Douglas

2. Help! Annoying problem with file ownership.

3. Users mounting floppies with different filesystems

4. a newbie question -how to set my own lib and include path

5. Different types of filesystems and their usage.

6. Alternatives to GNOME and KDE?

7. Double or drive spaced Dos drives Is there a mount type for these

8. sending mail from behind OPENBSD 3.2 firewall

9. floppy filesystem type

10. identifying a floppy's filesystem type

11. Unable to access or mount hard drive/floppy drive from Rescue mode

12. non-root mounting different fs-types?

13. mount/fstab query regarding filesystem type "auto"