Kernel Config ?

Post by mpierc » Fri, 17 Nov 2000 07:30:03

RH7.0, Kernel-2.2.16-22
Full *.rpm installation

Is there a way to see what my kernel configuration is, i.e., whether
things were installed as modules or built (compiled) into the kernel?

A post & email would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Marvin

Kernel Config ?

Post by Dave Cohe » Thu, 23 Nov 2000 12:37:30

> RH7.0, Kernel-2.2.16-22
> Full *.rpm installation

> Is there a way to see what my kernel configuration is, i.e., whether
> things were installed as modules or built (compiled) into the kernel?

> A post & email would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Marvin

Marvin:

There are a couple of ways to tell what is installed as modules:

1. Look in the directories under /lib/modules/[kernel_version] and see
what modules are installed there.  That would give you an indication of
what was installed as modules.

2. To see what modules are currently loaded:

/sbin/lsmod

Hope that helps.
Dave