1. getty_ps2.0.7 ... cure for the serial login blues
This is the new version of getty_ps for Linux kernels 0.99.5 and higher.
The code has been changed to allow cooperation with the new callout devices
that come with 0.99.5.
New for 2.0.7:
o WAITFOR is back. It is possible to negotiate all connections
in software instead of requiring the modem to be set up to
o Shane Alderton's ringback patches are in. Ringback mode allows
a phone line to be easily shared between voice and computer
connections. To initiate a ringback call, call the line... let
the phone ring once, then call back and getty will answer;
otherwise it will not.
o Getty can be scheduled to be active only during specified time
intervals, and inactive the rest of the time.
o Getty no longer assumes control of the serial line, so that
other devices can use it.
o Default terminal type can be specified on the command line
o Getty performs modem initialization at startup, so that your
modem is configured correctly for incoming calls.
o Highly configurable interface to allow for different modem
speeds and configurations, and different /etc/issue type files
for different lines.
o Uugetty reinitializes the modem if another program uses the
Version 2.0.6b had two major bugs: job control was not handled correctly
when used with sysvinit, and uugetty caused the DTR line on modems to
flicker. Both of these problems have been fixed.
I have uploaded a complete set of sources and sample configuration files to
sunsite.unc.edu and tsx-11.mit.edu. Also included are binaries compiled
with gcc 2.3.3, version 4.3.3 of the c-libraries.
The relevant file is getty_ps2.0.7.tar.z. It is currently in the Incoming
directories at both sites. It should be moved into /pub/linux/sources/sbin
at tsx-11.mit.edu, and /pub/Linux/system/Serial at sunsite.unc.edu. These
files replace all files marked version 2.0.6, 2.0.6a, and 2.0.6b.
HARDWARE (noun): The equipment that makes up a
computer system, not to be confused with software
2. Help w/ httpd SIGSEGV error?
3. getty_ps2.0.7 Still my modem does not accepts dial-ins.
4. Changing Timezone
5. Getty_ps2.0.7 and ringback
6. setitimer under 2.5.1 - how to block ALRM right before it's set ?
7. uugetty getty_ps-2.0.7(i and j) SCHED broken
8. HP LJ 2200 DT doesn't work on _any_ Sun parallel port
9. getty_ps2.0.7c SCHED broken?
10. Patch to getty_ps2.0.7b for linux 0.99.15
11. kernel/sched.c - Use the task state macros provided in include/linux/sched.h
12. wmf 0.7 - converting mails to html
13. linux kernel conf 0.7