public domain elect. eng cad software?

Post by Terry Tompki » Thu, 14 Apr 1994 09:26:11

We are looking for a public domain routing program.
We would be interested in all available features including:
I heard about an ee package for linux, but can't remember
the details.

Global routers
Final detailed routers using line probe, basic maze,
switch box or even channel based techniques. The main
application is to provide quick detailed routing of
critical path nets for accurate timing analysis.

If anyone has any information, please mail me at:

Thanks,

-Terry

---
Terry Tompkins
Motorola - ASIC CAD

"Internet Beach Comber"

Post by Donald Jeff Dion » Thu, 14 Apr 1994 21:51:44

: We are looking for a public domain routing program.
: We would be interested in all available features including:
: I heard about an ee package for linux, but can't remember
: the details.

You did?????  If you find out where, let me know.  I'm looking for a
reasonable schematic capture package.  I found a neet thing called WireC,
(it's in the vlsi newsgroup FAQ), and it's not bad, fairly stable on a
SUN4, but my port to Linux still is in need of work.  Something with a
few more tools for drawing would really make my day, though.  WireC is
more for making any sort of netlist you can imagine.  BTW, xfig and the
interviews schem are not the answer.

: Global routers
: Final detailed routers using line probe, basic maze,
: switch box or even channel based techniques. The main
: application is to provide quick detailed routing of
: critical path nets for accurate timing analysis.

For boards you mean?  I agree, that would be great.

: If anyone has any information, please mail me at:

Well, post it here as well please!  That way we can all benifit.

: Thanks,

: -Terry

: ---
: Terry Tompkins