Good sound cards & Linux / X-Windows (& MIDI)

Good sound cards & Linux / X-Windows (& MIDI)

Post by Richard W.E. Furs » Sat, 22 Jan 1994 05:37:13

   Does anyone out there know if Turtle Beach Multisound, Digital Audio Labs
CardD or similar devices work nicely with Linux & X-Windows?

   Also, how well does Linux cope with MIDI? Is there a decent sequencer
for X-Windows?

   Thanks.

--

Post by Amancio Hasty » Sat, 22 Jan 1994 10:36:05

>   Does anyone out there know if Turtle Beach Multisound, Digital Audio Labs
>CardD or similar devices work nicely with Linux & X-Windows?

It is pretty safe bet that the Turtle Beach is not supported under Linux.

Quote:>   Also, how well does Linux cope with MIDI? Is there a decent sequencer
>for X-Windows?

Well I use the linux sound driver and adagio under FreeBSD to play
midi files. I own a GUS and I am proud of it :-)

        Get FreeBSD and jump on the 32bit bandwagon today :-)

        Amancio

--
FREE unix, gcc, tcp/ip, X, open-look, interviews, tcl/tk, MIME, midi, sound
at  freebsd.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD

Post by Jean Joneth » Wed, 26 Jan 1994 22:19:23

>    Does anyone out there know if Turtle Beach Multisound, Digital Audio Labs
> CardD or similar devices work nicely with Linux & X-Windows?
>    Also, how well does Linux cope with MIDI? Is there a decent sequencer
> for X-Windows?
>    Thanks.
> --

there are some GUS-drivers available for linux and bsd386

Greatings JJ   _____
              / ! ! \
              (0)-(0)
               \___/