2 Qs: How to register and where is _calendar_ or _remind_ ?

2 Qs: How to register and where is _calendar_ or _remind_ ?

Post by S. Ch » Thu, 15 Sep 1994 23:04:49

Hi, all:

I installed Slackware2.0 on my 486 machine and I am
satisfied with the system.

I like to register as a Linux user but I don't know how.
Would you please send me information about how to do it?

I also am looking for a program something like "calendar"
in the Unix machine. I believe there was "remind" with
the previous Slackware distribution.
I don't have X/Motif such that I cannot use "xcalendar"
and "plan" keeps giving me "Segment falut" error message.
Can someone please tell me where I can find "calendar"
or "remind"?

Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely yours,
  Sea Choi

Post by Jeff Kesselm » Fri, 16 Sep 1994 12:08:34

>Hi, all:

>I installed Slackware2.0 on my 486 machine and I am
>satisfied with the system.

>I like to register as a Linux user but I don't know how.

Linux is GPL freeware, not shareware, so much as admire your integrity, i
don't think tere is anyone to register with.  Various companies supply
support on a fee-for-services basis of some kind.

I suppose if you REALLY feel guilty, you could send Linus Torvalds some
money, but he isn't asking anyone to.  ;)

The BEST way to support the effort is to get involved.  Answer other
people's questions, write some software and release it under GPL, tell
all your friends what a HECK of a bargin Linux is! ;)

Jeff Kesselman