Partitions lost, please help recover them

Partitions lost, please help recover them

Post by Mikael Nasbe » Sun, 14 Aug 1994 07:48:53

I recently bought an 1GB SCSI-disk, and until now I have only used
it for Linux, but when I wanted to delete one of the 3 partitions
using Adaptec's AFDISK (I have an Adaptec 1542C), and change it
into an MS-DOS partition, then I lost the other 2 as well.

Is there any way in which I can recover the 2 lost partitions and
get back the information that should still be there? I am pretty
sure that only the partition table has been destroyed, so if anybody
knows a way to reconstruct it, I would be very happy.

I had a lot of archived files on the lost partitions, that were
only partially backed up.

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly how the disk was partitioned,
only that the first partition was between cylinder 0 and 299 (300 MB).
The second started at cylinder 300 and was approximately 340 MB and
the third ended at cylinder 1032 and was approximately 390 MB.

Sincerely,
Mikael Nasberg

1. HELP!!! Recover lost partition

Hi!

Does anyone know any disk utils (shareware/freeware) which can restore my
lost partition (fat32). ?

I've tried Revival (http://www.chollian.net/~ship3/),  but it didn't
recover my lost partition, and I've tried Tiramisu (www.recovery.de), which
seems
to be able to recover my disk, but I must pay $218 in reg. fee (!!!), if I
want to write the lost partition to a disk.

Thank you in advance!
-Runar

2. What is wrong with modules in 2.5.69-70 ?

3. HELP!! Lost partition, need tools to recover

4. Looking for a fast printer below 500 dollar

5. Please help identifying lost PIDs and recovering swap space.

6. Need help compiling Jughead

7. help - please urgent help needed to get back the lost or corrupted partition table

8. Dynamic Library Question

9. help recovering "Bad partition table", please

10. Recovering /lost /usr partition - The final verdict

11. recovering lost partitions

12. Lost partition table -- How to recover?

13. fat32 + ext2 partitions lost. How to recover?