I get no coredump from LINUX

Post by Ken Yat-Wan Ch » Mon, 10 Jan 1994 04:31:50

Hi, I got perhaps an elementary problem with my Linux system.

When A Segv occurs, I don't get any coredump. Is there a command in
UNIX that I need in order to force a core dump wheever a SEGV or
SBUS ..etc occurs?   I thought UNIX always generate a core dump when
a SEGV occurs?

Someone told me that there is a command called "ulimit -c 0" whihc
would prohibit a coredump to be created, however I could not
find out anything about this command. I thought "ulimit" is actually
a function call.

if anyone has any ideas, please send me n email at:

thx,
Ken Chan

1. coredumping / coredumping suid

Does anyone know how to dump the core of a program that executes
extremely quickly, then exits?  Also, if you assume that you
don't have read permission?  Also, if the program is suid?

thank you!
noah

2. "no free primary"

3. getting SIGSEGV to cause coredump?

4. DHCP HELP HELP !!!!!

5. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

6. How to increase NFS-performance?

7. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

8. WIDE commands under linux for 2940

9. NOS/NET/Wampes for linux

10. linux NOS

11. Does Linux IPIP tunnelling work with Cisco NOS tunnels?

12. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

13. NOS shootout