Colorado Memory Systems' Jumbo Trakker 250?

Colorado Memory Systems' Jumbo Trakker 250?

Post by Moisio Jus » Thu, 06 Oct 1994 17:45:41

Does Linux support the CMS's Jumbo Trakker 250 which has no controller board
but is attached to the parallel port? It speaks QIC-117, which seems to be
supported, but so far I haven't been able to get it working. Any information
would be highly appreciated.

Post by Dennis Duffn » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 04:55:42

: Does Linux support the CMS's Jumbo Trakker 250 which has no controller board
: but is attached to the parallel port? It speaks QIC-117, which seems to be
: supported, but so far I haven't been able to get it working. Any information
: would be highly appreciated.

: --
: -----------------------------------------------------------

: -----------------------------------------------------------

From what I remember of the docs for ftape...it doesn't support parallel
port tape drives...YET.

--
/-------------------------------------------------\
| Dennis Duffner               "No matter where   |

| #include disclaimer.h           Buckaroo Bonzai |
\-------------------------------------------------/

1. Colorado Memory Systems Jumbo 250 Tape drive work with Linux?

Hello,

I am seriously thinking about trashing my SCO ODT 1.1 Unix and going
with Linux.  This is primarily because SCO does not seem to have
drivers for most of the hardware I want to use.  One necessary item
for me is my Colorado Memory Systems (CMS) Jumbo 250 (120 Meg Uncompressed,
250 Meg Compressed) tape drive.  This is NOT a SCSI tape drive.
Rather, it piggybacks on the back of floppy drive A.  Does anyone have
Linux driving the CMS Jumbo 250?  Does it work?  What device do you
use? /dev/??.

Thank You,

Sincerely,

Dr. John V. Jaskolski

--

mm

2. strange tape's behaviour

3. Colorado Trakker 250

4. HELP! using the modem as user, Seyon, term...

5. filemgr under Solaris 2.3

6. Colorado Trakker 250 under Linux (and an AWE32 problem?)

7. slow response from uugettt

8. Colorado Trakker 250 support?

9. Colorado Trakker 250

10. Linux & Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape Streamer problems

11. Ftape setup (Gateway P5-66/Colorado Jumbo 250)

12. I need Help with FTAPE and Colorado Jumbo 250