rsh problems

Post by Ury Seg » Thu, 05 May 1994 18:28:59

The rsh(1) doesn't work any time, mostly work only for root ; for other it
Immediatly close connection. someone knows why ?

--
Ury Segal          | The opinions expressed are not necessarily those of the

1. TCP Wrapper / rsh problem (rsh hangs)

I just set up TCP Wrapper 7.1 on a SunOS 4.1.3 server.  We have all of our
client workstations in a netgroup called 'alltrust', and want to allow only
those workstations to rsh the server.  I have tcpd setup correctly (I believe)
in inetd.conf, and the access control files as:

/etc/hosts.allow

/etc/hosts.deny
        in.rshd: ALL: DENY

(I did a kill -HUP on inetd on the server when I changed inetd.conf).  When
I tested the wrapper out, I used a client in alltrust and a client not in
alltrust.  Luckily, the wrapper logs the successes and failures of rsh'ing to
the server correctly.  However, when a client not in alltrust tries to rsh to
the server (i.e. rsh server id), rsh just hangs.  I tried a test with telnet
and everything went fine.  Does anyone have an idea of what might be the
problem?

    A second, but minor, problem is that if I implement /etc/hosts.allow
as

it allows anyone to rsh to the server, even clients not in alltrust.  Any
clue as to what might be causing this?

                                --John

2. DOSEMU

3. rsh problem and NIS problem

4. mod_ssl Apache win32

5. rsh problem

6. There is money in Linux

7. rsh problem on aix 4.1.4

8. object destruction

9. RSH problem from Linux to Solaris 2.6

10. weird rsh problem

11. RSH problems

12. rsh problems under Solaris 2.5

13. rsh problem