Alliance VLSI toolkit & Linux

Post by Brian M Ber » Thu, 28 Jul 1994 01:32:43

I just ftp'ed a copy of the Alliance VLSI cad tool package (version 2.0) and
was unable to compile it correctly.  While attempting to link many of the
executables, the following errors occurred:

  Undefined symbol _ediflwrap referenced from text segment
  Undefined symbol _mgwrap referenced from text segment

Now, the toolkit READMEs say the source is intended for the 0.99.14 kernel
release.  I'm running Slackware 2.0 (I believe the kernel is 1.0.9?).

Does anyone recognize these symbols as kernel-specific library elements?
Furthermore, since binaries are also provided for the 0.99.14 kernel, would
there be ugly consequences to running them using my newer kernel?

Any advice is cheerfully appreciated!

--
Brian M Berry                 Phone: 703/848-5876 or 800/955-BDM1 ext. 5876

1501 BDM Way                  (This message printed with 100 percent
McLean, Va 22102-3204         recycled electrons.)

Alliance VLSI toolkit & Linux

Post by Kari Davidss » Thu, 28 Jul 1994 20:20:23

Quote:>I just ftp'ed a copy of the Alliance VLSI cad tool package (version 2.0) and
>was unable to compile it correctly.  While attempting to link many of the
>executables, the following errors occurred:

I got the SNNSv3.2 neural network package, which is suposed ti compile and link
undir Linux. It only compiles. When linking I get the error:

   Undefined symbol yy_wrap referenced from text segment

Quote:>  Undefined symbol _ediflwrap referenced from text segment
>  Undefined symbol _mgwrap referenced from text segment
>Now, the toolkit READMEs say the source is intended for the 0.99.14 kernel
>release.  I'm running Slackware 2.0 (I believe the kernel is 1.0.9?).

I have already compiled and linked the package on my computer in work (Sparc
Classic) and the program works fine there. I have looked through few lib*.a
with the command ar -t on the Sparc machine and could not find it there. Any
comment is appreciated.

<stuff deleted>

1. information wanted (computer networks & VLSI)

Hello, everyone.

I need some information on the following as soon as possible:

* When (& how) are clocks used in computer networks?
* What are the similarities in using clocks in computer networks & VLSI?

In addition, can someone please tell me about any newsgroup related to
the
above topics (networking & VLSI)? Plus about any journal,paper from
where
I can extract related information?

I'd really appreciate any help in this regard.

Thanks,
Saba
*******************
Saba Seraj

*******************

2. automatic update the rpm files in freebsd

3. p.os.linux.miscQ: Difference b/w Motif & X Toolkits

4. Using NFS- Newbie Qts

5. XForms - X11 GUI toolkit and builder - for linux/alpha&sparc

6. BAD ENTRY IN /etc/ld.so.preload CAUSING ERROR IN LINUX BOOT UP

7. Linux & Firewall Toolkit (FWTK)

8. Help: How to get rid of LILO?

9. SVGA & Alliance Promotion

10. RedHat 5.2 & Alliance Promotion

11. Any VLSI CAD tools for linux??

12. How to make "magic"(VLSI CAD TOOL) for Linux ?

13. Any VLSI CAD tools for Linux