Linux Boot Disk Problem!

Post by Ricky Ton » Mon, 22 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Dear Everybody,

  I have a problem about my linux boot disk, I want to install Slackware
Linux in my
Toshiba Libretto 70 Sub-Notebook Computer, it use PCMCIA floppy drive, when
I install Linux, System display a error message "Cannot find the floppy
Controller", so I can't install Linux in my notebook, How can I fix this
problem, if you know, can you send a mail to me, my mail address is

Have a nice day!

Rgds,
Ricky

Linux Boot Disk Problem!

Post by Red Hat Linux Use » Thu, 25 Dec 1997 04:00:00

> Dear Everybody,

>   I have a problem about my linux boot disk, I want to install Slackware
> Linux in my
> Toshiba Libretto 70 Sub-Notebook Computer, it use PCMCIA floppy drive, when
> I install Linux, System display a error message "Cannot find the floppy
> Controller", so I can't install Linux in my notebook, How can I fix this
> problem, if you know, can you send a mail to me, my mail address is

> Have a nice day!

> Rgds,
> Ricky

Have a try on the rticle on
http://www.unixworld.com/unixworld/archives/95/tutorial/012/012.html
It talks about installing Linux on a Toshiba notebook.

Rgds
Kevin

Linux Boot Disk Problem!

Post by Willia » Sat, 03 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Did you have CD-ROM?
If so, try floppyness install.

loadlin vmlinuz initrd={root disk image} root=/dev/ram

It works on both Redhat and Slackware.

Regards,
William

>Dear Everybody,

>  I have a problem about my linux boot disk, I want to install Slackware
>Linux in my
>Toshiba Libretto 70 Sub-Notebook Computer, it use PCMCIA floppy drive, when
>I install Linux, System display a error message "Cannot find the floppy
>Controller", so I can't install Linux in my notebook, How can I fix this
>problem, if you know, can you send a mail to me, my mail address is

>Have a nice day!

>Rgds,
>Ricky

1. Linux boot disk problem

Dear All,

Does anyone know how to create a linux boot disk. It seems to be such a
complex process. I've managed to work out that I need to do the following:

    build a unix file system
    create various files and directories
    copy the operating system
    do lots of RDEV commands!
    install lilo

Having done all this I can boot the PC and load the root disk. However,
it then tells me that there is no UTMP file so it won't allow me to login.
This has to be the stupidest thing imaginable - easily worthy of MS.
What on earth would I want logging of logins on a boot/root combination
which is going to be used for installations?

I have also tried using a standard boot disk with my kernel and lilo
reinstalled but still it complains that there is no utmp.

How do I turn this off? It really shouldn't be this hard after all
format a: /s does it all on DOS.

Best wishes....
Colin

2. ppp to AOL

3. linux boot disk problem

4. Red Hat Linux 5.0 and 3Com 3C509B ISA NIC card

5. Linux boot disk problem

6. Netscape Flakiness

7. Problem while booting linux through LILO or boot-disk

8. sun cd-rom wierdness

9. Problem booting with Linux boot disk

10. Booting Linux from Dos, problem with boot disk !

11. How to config LILO on non-boot disk (b4 using it as boot disk)

12. *NEW* boot disk won't, *OLD* boot disk will!