The old staircase effect chestnut when printing

The old staircase effect chestnut when printing

Post by Phill Edwar » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I know that the answer to this will be rtfm, but that is exactly what
I am trying to do.

Having exhausted Grant Taylor's printing howto and the FAQ's I believe
my only hope is to find Matt Foster's Linux Printing Setup HOWTO (you
see I have been rtfm'ing :)) Trouble is I can't find it anywhere in
the LDP.

So can someone please, please either

1.tell me exactly where to find Matt Foster's Printing Setup HOWTO, or
2.tell me how to get rid of that damned staircase.

Just in case anyone wants to chance their arm at the 2nd option I've
got an HP Deskjet 850C. If you have an if filter that I could copy
that would be great (but I don't have perl or awk which is why Grant
Taylor's example was no good).

Thanks,
-- Phill --

Post by Anthony Gre » Sun, 11 Aug 1996 04:00:00

>I know that the answer to this will be rtfm, but that is exactly what
>I am trying to do.
>Having exhausted Grant Taylor's printing howto and the FAQ's I believe
>my only hope is to find Matt Foster's Linux Printing Setup HOWTO (you
>see I have been rtfm'ing :)) Trouble is I can't find it anywhere in
>the LDP.
>So can someone please, please either
>1.tell me exactly where to find Matt Foster's Printing Setup HOWTO, or
>2.tell me how to get rid of that damned staircase.
>Just in case anyone wants to chance their arm at the 2nd option I've
>got an HP Deskjet 850C. If you have an if filter that I could copy
>that would be great (but I don't have perl or awk which is why Grant
>Taylor's example was no good).
>Thanks,
>-- Phill --

Just download apsfilter if u have a deskjet :)

aps-48.tgz < i have this one .. works fine with my dj500 and VERY easy to setup

it should be on sunsite.anu or dstc or of course sunsite.unc

Anthony

1. Staircase Effect-free me from printing in windows.

I've figured out how to print, but I cannot figure out how to correct
the staircase problem.  I tried using a script in a book I have, but to
no avail (perhaps I installed it incorrectly).  I have an HP DeskJet
870Cse; does anyone out there know where I can get a compatible filter
or even a generic one that will get me going in the mean time.

                        Thank You,
                        Todd.

2. cannot display X window

3. Staircase Effect on Printing!

4. compiling linuxconf 1.9 on RH5,2

5. SCO OSR 5.0.2 - "Staircase" effect problem in remote laser printing

6. problems with hme and Solaris 2.5*/2.6

7. staircase effect in printing

8. How does Linux store time?

9. Staircase Effect on Printing!

10. help printing with an hp laserjet 6l "staircase" effect even more postscript problems

11. How do I print to a printer with not staircase effect

12. Printing w/o staircase effect

13. Staircase effect on SCO 3.2 w/printing