Linux can't find SCSI CDRom unless booting off CD

Linux can't find SCSI CDRom unless booting off CD

Post by Ary Geuvdjeli » Sat, 28 Jan 1995 15:17:20

        I have a Plextor 4X on a Orchid Soundware card.
        The Soundware has a Future Domain compatible SCSI-2
Cdrom interface built into it and I'm running the drive off that.
My problem is that the only way linux will recognize the cd is
when I run the dosload program that comes with my linux cd.
But the CD is an old kkernel that doesn't have the IDE patch in it
and the CD boots off a special kernel call "doslinux".  Does
anyone know how to create that special kernel or how to get a
standard kernel to detect the CDRom drive?

Any help will be appreciated.

1. ide cdrom and cdrom writer with scsi harddisk using cdrecord can't find cd reader

I have a scsi controller with the primary harddisk (id 0) and 2 ide cdrom
drives. When using xcdroast (cdrecord) it only shows the cd recorder and not
the other ide cdrom. Loaded modules are scsi-ide and sg. The system shows
both drives found and the cd writer is assigned a scsi device, but xcdroast
does not show the reader.

2. pids + start times kept in exec calls?

3. boot finds scsi cd, install can't

4. Modem problem, help!

5. boot cdrom can't find cdrom

6. PCI NE2000 clones

7. Linux sees my cdrom but can't find a CD in drive?????

8. define core file location

9. cdrom does not get recognized unless there is CD in it

10. Cannot boot off SCSI CDROM

11. Don't read this unless you want to laugh your ass off

12. RH 8.0 CD boots then can't find the CD

13. E450 can't boot off disk or cdrom