lp-init: no lp devices found

Post by Gary Hamm » Thu, 15 Dec 1994 16:27:08

Suddenly, I find myself facing that message on each boot.  Since
this is during the boot, this seems to say that Linux can't see the
port.  I believe the port and printer to be fine as they are working
under OS/2.

But, as the printer (HP LJ4) does staircase printing when it is
connected under Linux, maybe this is God's way of taking care of
that problem.

However, if you have any suggestions, please post them.

Thanks

1. HPLJ4l lp init: no lp devices found

I've compiled my Linux 1.2.3 kernel with parallel support, but I keep getting
the "lp init: no lp devices found" message  at boot time.   I've read the
Printing-HOWTO faq, it doesn't help.  Has anyone else had this problem?  If so
any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jason Watt
E-Mail at:

Home Page at:
URL-http://www.primenet.com/~watt

2. C++ graphic classes under Xwindows ?

3. Starting lpd: Warning - lp: cannot stat lp device '/dev/lp0'

4. Soundblaster 16 Pnp

5. lp(1) suid to lp-Secure files fail.

6. Samba and NT 4 Workstation

7. #$%@! lp:Solaris remote lp failing

8. flex that does lex?

9. lp: unable to get major 6 - Initialization of lp failed

10. Modifying lp & lp sched

11. LP doesn't work after lp jumbo patch

12. jumbo lp patch breaks lp ???

13. lp: driver loaded but no devices found