NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM - Compatibility with Linux

NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM - Compatibility with Linux

Post by Jonathan David Mart » Tue, 03 Jan 1995 05:44:49

I have an NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM drive connected directly to my PCs IDE
drive controller. Does anyone know where I can obtain the relevant
drivers to enable me to run Linux with CD-ROM support???

I would be grateful for any help with this.

Jonathan David Martin

Post by Mark Lo » Tue, 03 Jan 1995 09:30:26

<I have an NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM drive connected directly to my PCs IDE
<drive controller. Does anyone know where I can obtain the relevant
<drivers to enable me to run Linux with CD-ROM support???

Probably in the next kernel patch:  1.1.76
--

1. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

Has anyone had success with the alpha CDR-260 driver on sunsite?  I
tried patching and compiling on both 1.0.9 and 1.1.18 sources
(slackware) and while both patched and compiled, neither could accesss
the CD.  I tried a cat /dev/idecd (which I created according to the
insructions) and it gave me an I/O error.

If anyone has made this work, please mail me.  (Include kernal
version).  I'll summarize if there is interest.

IBM stands for "Inferior But Marketable"

2. NFS funnies - cannot pwd on SGI box on fs exported from Tru64 Unix

3. Linux won't recognize my CD-ROM (nec cdr-260)

4. Greetings,

5. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM

6. linux hardware vendor?

7. mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

8. Q: How to reconfigure shared-memory segment size in Sun Solaris 2.5.1 kernel (SPARC)

9. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

10. Need help with NEC CDR-260 CD ROM drive

11. NEC CDR-250 (not CDR-260!) Success Story

12. NEC CDR-260 and Linux: Bedfellows ?

13. use nec-260 CD-ROM to play music CD ?