Help with pine

Post by Boyce Michae » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:27:54

I'm new to pine. I'm using it to read email and newsgroups and it is
working as desired for the most part. However, when I post to a newsgroup
it is showing "To [newsgroup]" as the name of the poster rather than my
own name. I've tinkered a bit with the configuration prior to posting this
but assuming this doesn't show Boyce Michael as the poster than it is
still not doing what I want. I would like my name to appear rather than
the default, any advice appreciated.

Help with pine

Quote:> I'm new to pine. I'm using it to read email and newsgroups and it is

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.help

Subject: Help with pine
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 02:27:54 GMT

--
use hotmail com for any email replies

Help with pine

Post by Eduardo Chap » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 04:50:45

> I'm new to pine. I'm using it to read email and newsgroups and it is
> working as desired for the most part. However, when I post to a newsgroup
> it is showing "To [newsgroup]" as the name of the poster rather than my
> own name. I've tinkered a bit with the configuration prior to posting this
> but assuming this doesn't show Boyce Michael as the poster than it is
> still not doing what I want. I would like my name to appear rather than
> the default, any advice appreciated.

Michael,

  Press M S C and go to "index-format", once there press "?". Take a
look at the default definition for the index format. Copy and paste it
into the definition and change "FROMORTO" by "FROMORTONOTNEWS".

  I hope that this solves your problem.

--
Eduardo
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/

Help with pine

Post by REMOVEchiranth.mC.. » Sat, 28 Jun 2003 19:32:50

On Jun 23, Boyce Michael wrote....

Quote:>I'm new to pine. I'm using it to read email and newsgroups and it is
>working as desired for the most part. However, when I post to a newsgroup
>it is showing "To [newsgroup]" as the name of the poster rather than my
>own name. I've tinkered a bit with the configuration prior to posting this
>but assuming this doesn't show Boyce Michael as the poster than it is
>still not doing what I want. I would like my name to appear rather than
>the default, any advice appreciated.

This isn't a problem, it's a feature.

Take a look at
http://www.math.washington.edu/~chappa/pine/pine-info/misc/index-form...

Chiranth

| Chiranth M C     | +91 80 2998201-10 |
| Netkraft Pvt Ltd |  Ext : 102        |
| Bangalore, India |                   |
|      http://symonds.net/~chiranth    |

1. HELP:POP, PINE, EMAIL

I am trying to read mail that is queued up at an internet provider. I want
to use the POP3 protocol because I log in perodically to retreive mail so
SMTP doesn't sound appropriate. Any ideas?? Some one has already told me
to use PINE, but in the configsetup for PINE there is no provision to use
POP3, only SMTP & NNTP.

Regards,

Vasil N. Galchin

2. Automatic boot from other than sd0?

3. any help on PINE with SLIP???

4. NetGear NAT strips CGI parameters, and apache no go

5. need help with pine config

6. Can't make boot floppies!

7. Help building Pine

8. can't open dependencies file .......

9. Help with Pine and kill file

10. Help-Unix/Pine Newbie

11. Thanks for help with PINE

12. Help Building Pine 3.92

13. Pine 3.95 and pine.conf/pine.conf.fixed