PLIP HELP!.. SIOCSFFLAGS: try again

Post by Greg Cambre » Mon, 10 Oct 1994 13:49:58

I have been trying for ages to get plip working..  so far i have bought 4
cables and i have wired 3 of my own and none of the work.. i have done
exactly what plip.c and README#.plip have said and nothing works.. I have
slackware 2.0.1 and am running kernel ver 1.0.9..
i read somewhere in article here that yu type

(kernel says plip is configure for plip2... i have checked the address and
irq and they are fine... /proc/net/dev is cool aswell..)

ifconfig lo
ifconfig plip2 <my ip> pointopoint <renote ip> up
route add lo
route add <remote ip>
route add default plip2

when i do the the ifconfig plip2 etc it says

# ifconfig plip2 ipax pointopoint hub2 up
SIOCSFFLAGS: Try again
SIOCSFFLAGS: Try again
#

they address i use have been setup and everything there is ok...
i am running a 386dx25 9 meg ram and a 496dx33 laptop 4 meg ram...
they both say try again...
i even tried pressing the return keys the same time.. =) .. but no luck..

So if _ANYONE_ can help me can yu please email me at

THANX!
CYA

1. PLIP : Try Again

Recompiled kernel v2.0.0 to have PLIP support (and made sure that the
parallel printer stuff was turned off).  On bootup, PLIP reports that
it is on IRQ7 I/O Base 0x378.

When I try to
root 51 [/proc] % ifconfig plip1 moe pointopoint bugs up

I get:

SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again

What am I doing wrong?

Steven Ness

2. METHOD NOT IMPLEMENTED!!!!! What?

3. PLIP : SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again

4. Streaming Video and Audio for Class project

5. Help PLIP (again)

6. mounting an AFFS-harddisk under linux

7. Shadow files and Solaris

8. Trying to get X to work (tried again)

9. PLIP PLIP PLIP

10. HELP trying to install RH5 using PLIP

11. PLIP PLIP PLIP . . .

12. please help: PLIP trouble (I did read the PLIP and NET3 HOWTOs)