HELP SMAIL - MX - HELP HELP!

Post by Timothy Kul » Tue, 19 Jul 1994 22:17:30

I'm tring to setup a "hop" situation, with Linux hooked up
directly to the internet and an external site needing mail feed.
I would like to set it up so that I can mail anyone on the Internet
from this external site. (Which this seems to work OK) It's just the
backwards part. It won't detect a UUCP site in my path name.

That's problem Number one.

Number two: Whenever I mail someone that is not DIRECTLY CONNECTED
to the internet, it floats off to space, never getting to it's destination.
(When I say this, I mean someone else on the Internet who is a host for
another site via UUCP) For instance dragonbbs.com is a site I'm trying
to mail to. I know it's valid because I can do a 'whois' on it. But if

So.....

I can't use my site as a UUCP host to other sites, and I can't mail to other
sites who are clients of a host doing UUCP to there machines.

I heard that it is an MX record situation, but What does that mean for me?
I don't know how to fiddle with that in the source code, nor do I know how to
make it work with the routers file.

Is there anybody out there Intelligent enough to rescue me? Who will save the
day?

Truly an UNDERDOG.

1. SMAIL - MX - HELP!! HELP!!

[...]

2. Plugger not working with Mozilla 0.9.6

3. Smail, DNS and MX - help!

4. Linux RH 5.2

5. HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

6. unix programming

7. help help help help help help

8. 2.2 Control Center Flicker?

9. Xaw scrollbars within dialog box widgets HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:HELP:

10. HELP CONFIGURING SENDMAIL/SMAIL ON INTERACTIVE UNIX 2.2 - PLEASE HELP!

11. Help smail/smail+term problems

12. HELP HELP HELP HELP PLZ

13. Help C program in linux help help help !!!!!!!