2nd serial port slow under Linux?

Post by Greg Broil » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 15:43:46

--

"Over 2MB of news are posted each day. This is a staggering figure
when you consider that most news feeds are run over 1200 baud modems."

1. linux serial port nullcabled to pc - slow start

Dear linux crowd,

would you please help me out with serial port connections?
I am very much a newbie in linux and I can't take time to learn this thing
on my own, but if you direct me to the right how-to that will help too.

I have null modem cable connection from linux to a pc. when linux is
first loaded this connection is established (thru kermit) very fast.
however if it is terminated improperly during the session the next
connection takes 1-2 minutes to establish.

First it says: removing the LCK...modem.. file
then it sits there for a minute of two and then it connects.

just removing this file before the connection doesn't help at all. The
only thing that i found to help is to reboot linux.

I am sure there should be some simple solution for that. Please help
me out

Egor

--
 __    __      ____   ____
|  \  |  \    /    | /    \  Egor Alekseev
|  \  |  \   /  /| |/ /|  \  SSEL, University of Michigan
|  \__|  \  /  /\|   /\|  \  URL: http://www.umich.edu/~yegor

2. ultra2 scsi pci card - intraserver or anatares?

3. linux serial port nullcabled to pc -- slow starts after termination

4. executing a command for each line in a file.

5. SLOW serial port in Linux !

6. Samba 2.0.3 won't start after update from 1.9.18p10

7. Can't find 2nd serial port in Solaris x86

8. IDE Caching controller

9. Need 2nd (psuedo) serial port

10. FYI: APC UPS with Sun Blade 100 on 2nd serial port ttyb

11. 2nd serial port on Plato P90

12. Plato 2nd serial port - FIXED!

13. add 2nd serial port, v3.2v4.2 hwconfig problem