/usr partition ??

Post by Timothy Hopki » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 09:02:44

I know that this may be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer in
any of the FAQ's or HOWTOS that I have.

I have a 1 gig SCSI hd.  My question is this:  how do I partition my
harddrive so that I have a swap partition, a native partition and the
remaining for a user partition?  Any suggestions?
THANKS
Russ

/usr partition ??

Post by Greg Cis » Thu, 08 Sep 1994 11:48:20

Quote:

> I know that this may be a dumb question, but I can't find the answer in
> any of the FAQ's or HOWTOS that I have.

> I have a 1 gig SCSI hd.  My question is this:  how do I partition my
> harddrive so that I have a swap partition, a native partition and the
> remaining for a user partition?  Any suggestions?
> THANKS
> Russ

You should still use the Instalation.HOW-TO as a guide. But the easiest
for me was to make the first 16MB of my HD a linux swap. I made the rest
of the drive (316 MB) a linux native partition for everything else. But,
for what you want, just decide how big you want /usr to be & make 2 linux
native partitions. THat would be 3 partitions total. One swap and 2 native.
The how-to really explains the mechanics very well...