Backspace in ftp doesn't work anymore

Post by Kevin B. Murp » Mon, 23 Jan 1995 08:19:50

I can't use backspace anymore when I use ftp from the shell prompt.  I used
to be able to.  I'm using Slackware 2.10 and kernel 1.1.83.  Any ideas?
Thanks.

Backspace in ftp doesn't work anymore

Post by Mark Rish » Mon, 23 Jan 1995 09:42:42

You could try the "stty erase ^H" command, where for the "^H" you should
type the backspace key (or CTRL-V followed by backspace).  IF it works,
put it in your .cshrc or .login or something like that.
Hope it helps.

.mer

: I can't use backspace anymore when I use ftp from the shell prompt.  I used
: to be able to.  I'm using Slackware 2.10 and kernel 1.1.83.  Any ideas?
: Thanks.

1. PPP doesn't die, it just doesn't work anymore

I have a communications server that's been giving us fits for a few
months now.  I can't seem to locate the problem.  I've been searching
DejaNews for analogous problem, but it looks like it's either something
I'm doing wrong, or I can't find it from the keywords I'm using.

    The machine will call the ISP on startup and work just fine, using a
static IP, BTW.  After a few hours it simply gets 'clogged' and won't
ping in either direction anymore.  The machine is pinging a couple of
times a minute in order to defeat the idelout on the terminal server,
but despite the inability to ping, it still doesn't hang up.  This
usually happens after several hours of no non-ping activity, like
overnight.

    So we have a site that won't communicate and won't hang up either.
It's running 4.2 (for now) but in desperation, I intend to 'flush and
fill' 5.0 on it this weekend, though I'd rather not.

    It's too old a pppd to support "nomagic" and similar options...is
there anything that anyone has seen like this so far?

    Brian

Brian Fahrlander                       Problem Solver, Technomad, and
Linux-head
Evansville, IN
ICQ:5119262
http://dynasty.net/users/kilroy
  Treason? "It's not wether it happened, but the seriousness of the
charge."
                                                         -- Right, Mr.
Gingrich?

2. Advice sought: limiting the resources a process can take/use

3. BackSpace at 'login:' doesn't work

4. lpr Next Generation

5. backspace doesn't work with ash: work-around!

6. Migrating from IDE to SCSI

7. telnet to linux Backspace work; rsh xterm Backspace don't work

8. were can i get libttf.so.2

9. xawtv doesn't work anymore: can't open /dev/video0: No such device

10. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

11. svgalib's 3d demo doesn't work anymore

12. Re. bffcreate -X doesn't work Re: bffcreate -X Doesn't Work

13. ppp-up doesn't work anymore