I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

I've read/am reading the faq's - but what is a Segmentation fault?

Post by Dana Bold » Wed, 18 May 1994 02:09:59

I am reading the faq's as fast as I can, but I would really appreciate a
pointer to information about Segmentation faults.  Every time I try to run
Pico (among others) the system responds with "Segmentation fault".  What
does it mean?  How can i fix it?  Is it in a FAQ?  Which one?

THANKS!!!
Dana

 \ The above does not represent OIT, UNC-CH, laUNChpad, or its other users. /