qt libraries

Post by neil » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 19:09:46

Hi

All the soft I seem to want to install comes with a QT error on configure
(GUI frontends for various shell issues)

I have qt on the system (2.5.2) but for whatever reason some soft doesn't
find it! Uninstall/reinstall doesn't work (note windoze background)

I assume I'll have to install new qt libraries from trolltech

Which version do I need (my PC is SuSE 8.1, KDE)?
X11 version?

The install looks incredibly complex (I'm used to running setup programs and
installation wizards!)

Do I need the full install just to update the libraries?

thanks in embarassed ignorance

neill

qt libraries

Post by Omar Stoltzfu » Fri, 04 Apr 2003 06:17:41

> Hi

> All the soft I seem to want to install comes with a QT error on configure
> (GUI frontends for various shell issues)

> I have qt on the system (2.5.2) but for whatever reason some soft doesn't
> find it! Uninstall/reinstall doesn't work (note windoze background)

> I assume I'll have to install new qt libraries from trolltech

> Which version do I need (my PC is SuSE 8.1, KDE)?
> X11 version?

> The install looks incredibly complex (I'm used to running setup programs
> and installation wizards!)

> Do I need the full install just to update the libraries?

> thanks in embarassed ignorance

> neill

echo $QTDIR

This, QTDIR, needs to be set to the directory where qt is installed.

Hope this helps.

Omar

1. Suse 6.4.....................QT library

Hello who knows how i can check if the QT library is well installed on my
suse system?
When i use Kdevelop with qt library it says it cannot find all qt
widgets..........

--
Andr Groeneveld
Middelweg 11

2. A random thought...

3. EGCS and Qt-Library

4. need a recommendation: simple proxy server for hp/ux

5. Problem with the Qt libraries

6. SysV IPC, kernel 2.4.3

7. Qt libraries won't compile

8. PLEASE help w/ X-win installation

9. qt library

10. Suse 6.4...........................QT library

11. KDE/QT Library/path problem?

12. QT library RPM?

13. Invalid symbolic links in qt library?