printer and quota questions

Post by Yung Ka Si » Tue, 28 Feb 1995 05:31:36

i am a newbie in linux. I have just install linux for 2 months.
It work fine but i still can use the quota yet.
i am using slackware 1.1.59 and i have add usrquota in fstab
and the quotacheck is work fine but once i use the quotaon is have
error
like
//quota.user on /dev/hda3 : invalid

also i have buy a new printer HP500c, with i use it in linux.
It cant print the text in format, sometime even not print.
btw i am using command lpr
i think it is related with the printcap but i dont how to change it
that has no information about deskjet.
so please help me.
think you.

*      ======= HONG KONG UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY =======    *
*                   *                   *                                *
*                  ***                  *     name: Yung Ka Sing Eric    *
*             *************             *     dept: Computer Science     *
*               *********               *     year: one                  *
*                *******                *    email:                      *

*              **       **              *                                *

1. user quotas and printer usage quotas on NT domain

In an NT domain made up of NT server, and NT workstations, is it
possible to set user quotas for the home directory of each user?  If
not, what 3rd party software can provide me with this functionality?

Also, I need to control costs with printing.  For each user, I'd like to
specify a default number of "free" pages printed, after which there
would be a per-page cost for printing to the network-shared printer.  Is
there a way to use system print logs for this and design a simple script
to make charges?  Is there good 3rd party software that will accomplish
this goal?

I'm open to using Linux for the solution to either of the above
problems.

2. imagemap.conf problem-- What am I overlooking?

3. Printer'quota on a network printer

4. Ethernet and PPP problem

5. Printer's quota on a network printer

6. seteuid and old kernel versions

7. gcc does not work right with Solaris 8

8. Quotas : Format of quota.users & quota.groups ?

9. Matrox Mystique ands X.

10. Printer quota system for Ultrix or OSF/1....

11. Printer Access and Quotas

12. Printer quotas for BSD lpd