mgetty+sendfax & USRobotics Sportster

Post by Tsung-lung » Mon, 01 Aug 1994 05:10:45

Hello,

Has anyone got mgetty+sendfax to work with USRobotics Sportster?

In the manual of the modem, I found a line.  "You can use your modem in
Class 1 facsimile mode for sending and receiving faxes."  Does this mean that
^^^^^^^^
USRobotics Sportster is not supported by mgetty+sendfax?

Please e-mail me.  Thank you.

Tsung

Post by Mitchum DSou » Tue, 02 Aug 1994 18:33:03

Quote:(Tsung-lung Li) writes:

|> Hello,
|>
|> Has anyone got mgetty+sendfax to work with USRobotics Sportster?
|>
|> In the manual of the modem, I found a line.  "You can use your modem in
|> Class 1 facsimile mode for sending and receiving faxes."  Does this mean
|> that
|> ^^^^^^^^
|> USRobotics Sportster is not supported by mgetty+sendfax?

I dunno if this is a fact of USR, but the `efax' package supports Class 1
modems.

Mitch

1. USR Sportster/Mgetty+Sendfax

I just got some USR Sportster 28.8 fax modems (external).
I have been using Mgetty+Sendfax 0.98 with great success
with other modems.

The problem appears to be that when Mgetty inits the modem it
enters CLASS 2.0 mode and stays there (the FAX light flashes).
Being in FAX mode screws up outbound data calls (it works fine
if I manually reset the modem to data mode).

Anybody know the fix?
--
Bryan Apple
Brambles Information Management

2. http running with user nobody and with access to root files !!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. USR Sportster and Mgetty+Sendfax

4. What Fast IR chipset does ThinkPad 390 use?

5. USR Sportster/Mgetty+Sendfax

6. Response: Makefile, targets and generated prerequisites?

7. Q: sendfax/mgetty + Robotics/Sportster configuration

8. Mapping zones and sub-domains

9. Fax with mgetty&sendfax

10. req:ksendfax and sendfax&mgetty step by step

11. mgetty+sendfax & dip -i

12. efax & mgetty+sendfax with USR Sportser Voice 33.6