cdrecord -audio *.wav : how much will fit?

cdrecord -audio *.wav : how much will fit?

Post by An Mete » Wed, 02 Jul 2003 05:08:17

If I'm assembling a directory of *.wav files so I can cd into it and
do ``cdrecord ... -audio *.wav'' how do I know how much I can fit on a
blank CD-R? Blank CDs come in different "sizes", so if I'm using a
650MB blank, can I put up to 650MB of *.wav files in the argument of
cdrecord? Or do I need to figure out how much playing time those files
contain, add it up and compare it to the "80 min" that the blanks are
labelled?

Thanks.

1. Help! CDRecord - mp3-tp-wav Conversion Problem!

Hello All;

I'm using some instructions I found in an earlier post to try to
convert some mp3's to wav and burn them to a CD using cdrecord.  I
have come across a problem that was not addressed.

I convert the mp3 files to wave with:
splay -t 1000 -d - file.mp3 | sox -t raw -r 44100 -s -w -c 2 -
file.wav

I issue this command to burn the data:
cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -audio *.wav

But, cdrecord responds with:
cdrecord: Bad audio track size 31707648 for track 01.
cdrecord: Audio tracks must be at least 705600 bytes and a multiple of
2352.

I can burn audio CD's normally if I get the data using the cdda2wav
utility.

Any pointer would be appreciated as to how I should change the size of
the resulting wav file, I didn't see an obvious switch in the splay or
sox commands.

Thanks in advance.

          http://www3.sympatico.ca/dmitton
   SPAM Reduction: Remove "x." from my domain.

2. Filesystem usage information

3. Wav to CDR with cdrecord

4. Help Using Perl Scripts

5. Help! CDRecord - mp3-to-wav Conversion Problem!

6. can't boot 2.1.86

7. cdrecord doesn't like oggvorbis > WAV

8. Duplicate or bad block in use!

9. How burn wav files to cd audio ?

10. Can play audio CD's... but no WAV's or MIDI?!?

11. MP3 to wav or audio cd

12. Linux Audio; WAV editing

13. recording audio cd's from single wav file with a cue sheet