no subscribed groups in 'group.name'

Post by Jeffrey Pasco » Sun, 19 Jun 1994 01:02:39

My news system for some reason is selectively choosing what it wants to make
available to users. For some reason, I keep getting the following error:
no subscribed groups in 'group.name' for groups which are properly set-up. I
used the addgroup command and everything. I checked the active list and they
are there, all proper rights, the directory has been created, but for some
reason when the news comes in, it's not tossed and gives the above error
message. Has anybody else experienced this? I am using CNEWS with Linux
Slakcware rev 1.0

Thanks,
-Jeffrey-
Jeffrey Pascone                       Somatix Therapy Corporation
Senior Network Administrator          850 Marina Village Parkway
(510) 748-3061                        Alameda, CA 94501

1. change group 0's name from 'root' to 'staff'

Hello,

I run patches Solaris 2.4 on SUN.

I run login from logdaemon-5.6 package which allows
/etc/login.access file which defines access control for users.

I also run s/key su and I have installed unix_scheme.so and these allow su
to root only for users in group 0.

I disabled root's logins via net (only from console) but the problem, when
username didn't match 'root' login searched through group file and found
'root' group.

So I disabled network logins for all people in group root, those who can su
to root. That would be 'nice' for security but it is not.

I thought group '0' can have other name (staff) but will that break
anything ?

- if i change group '0' from 'root' to 'staff', scripts and commands using
  setgid (root) and chgrp (root) wouldn't work

- if I add group 0 'staff' after group 'root' I'll have 2 groups with gid 0
  which is not complete correct... and I don't know if the second group will
  be taken with library functions...

Can anybody help ?
--

 ...and if you think I'm talking for my employer, you're wrong...

2. Access to 3rd HD crashes system

3. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

4. Do these rules help me any?

5. change group name and gid for all files of given old group name or old gid

6. lpr filter help

7. chroot'ed /bin/ls doesn't show user and group names

8. linuxthreads pthread_mutex_destroy question.

9. redefining group id's in /etc/group ???

10. it's a nice group , how can I get all the stuff of this group?

11. DNS configuration error: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'groups'

12. change group id for all files of a given group name ?

13. ls -l displays numeric group id-not group name