How to create /dev/fd0

Post by roo » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 19:02:47

I accidentaly deleted my /dev/fd0 and would like
to know how to create a new one.

How to create /dev/fd0

Post by Paul Ba » Sun, 05 Feb 1995 21:03:16

>I accidentaly deleted my /dev/fd0 and would like
>to know how to create a new one.

Try using the /dev/MAKEDEV script. The command would be something like

        /dev/MAKEDEV fd

As root, of course.

--
Paul Bash

1. How to create /dev/fd0 ?

: I deleted /dev/fd0 by mistake. Can you tell me how to create it ?
: Thank you very much in advance.

: Mi

Try the MAKEDEV script.  Tell it MAKEDEV fd0 and it should create the
device for you.  BTW, the script may or may not already be in your /dev
directory depending on what distribution you installed.  Shouldn't be too
hard to find if it isn't there now.

*Warning-- Linux should not be used by those under the influence of M$.  May
           cause dizziness or vertigo.  Consult your tech support before
           using Linux.  (note--after using Linux, you may notice extreme
           discomfort when using M$.  Discontinue use of M$ and continue
           steady doses of Linux.

-----------
Corby Hudnall

http://ALLISON152.HALLS.ColoState.EDU/UNIX/ for UN*X question/answer files.

2. gcc inline asm - short question

3. how to boot from /dev/fd0 and mount /dev/fd0 as root

4. write a program to reboot the computer

5. /dev/fd0 /dev/fd1 /dev/scd0 problems

6. HELP: Mouse won't work under XFree 3.1

7. Why do boot disks created via "cp /vmlinuz /dev/fd0" boot faster?

8. RH7.1 ping error message

9. trouble mounting /dev/floppy or /dev/fd0

10. automount /dev/fd0 and /dev/cdrom ?

11. let users access /dev/modem or /dev/fd0

12. Q) disk cp fd0 to fd0 (source to target)

13. How can I create fax device files /dev/tty4c /dev/tty4d